Friday, July 11, 2014

Tennis and Tesla

All of 0.17% of New Mexico homes come with a tennis court, according to Trulia.com. Vermont has the most courts, tennis wise with 0.77%. The mention was in today’s Wall Street Journal, page M 12. I could not find the report at trulia.com.
Being electric, Tesla cars need things into which to plug. That much should be generally known. I hadn’t thought much about the details until seeing these stations this week at the Marriott TownePlace Suites hotel in Farmington. Hotel staff said the stations were installed last fall and have drawn traffic, as it were. The staff said Tesla drivers have stayed at the TownePlace specifically because of the electrical availability.
Tesla calls the stations “superchargers.” The only other New Mexico location, according to teslamotors.com/supercharger is at a Hampton Inn in Gallup.
Clever.
Hotel management did not respond to my email inquiry for more details.

1 comment:

Ryan Gleason said...

Good eye. I didn't notice those while I was there...I guess that's why you're the reporter and I'm not!