Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Game and Fish Continues Fancy Newsletter

There it was again, New Mexico Wildlife, tucked into my morning newspaper a couple of days ago.
When the newsletter first got my attention a couple of years ago, I asked about the cost, amazed at the excess of the newsletter production. The Department of Game and Fish staff without hesitation said the newsletter cost $40,000. Given the tight money times in state government, or so I thought, I quickly awarded New Mexico Wildlife an early and high listing in Harold’s List of Really Stupid Stuff.
Susana Martinez hasn’t given us “bold change,” but you would think that the folks down the food chain would have gotten the message about spending less money. Not at Game and Fish, apparently. The new issue is 16 pages with color photos on all 16 pages. The paper seems a step up from regular cheap newsprint.

No comments: