Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mowing in February? Yes, and I'm Not Kidding.

The Department of Transportation does much of what they do outside. That means people can see what they do. That also means that when the department does something stupid, people can see it.
Just after noon today, we were driving north on I-25, approaching the Rio Grande. An orange diamond-shaped sign in the median said something about mowing.
“In February,” I thought. “That’s bizarre.”
As we continued north, I could just barely notice that the short, scraggly,t dead stalks of grass in the median had been mowed.
At the Isleta exit at 12:10 a.m. (I checked the clock on my dashboard), we saw the mower. Deserted. Just behind the mower was another orange diamond shaped sign. This one said, “End Mowing.”
Indeed, we should end mowing until around the first of May.

No comments: